- See more at: f5therefresh.blogspot.com

Friday 9 December 2016

What’s in my Closet? Fashion Designer Christmas Edition

Winter means my wardrobe is begging for a update. I packed away my summer clothes, donated whatever I didn’t want and threw away whatever was too old. Then I went on a shopping spree and added quite a few interesting pieces to my collection. I wanted to get some good pieces for all the Christmas and New Year’s parties I will be attending. A little early Christmas gift for myself. I’ll link all the pieces I got, so you can also get your hands on them before they run out.

1.      This is from the Fall-Winter Collection of Peachoo, the Indian fashion designer. I wanted to get a LBD I could wear to my best friend’s Christmas shindig but I didn’t want a regular, boring dress that would blend in with everyone else. The beautiful embroidery on the top makes the look very festive and interesting. The longer sleeves will keep me warm and not shivering in the name of fashion. But the biggest point to recommend this dress is its pleated, empire waistline. There would be no food babies in sight for me.


2.     Some parties I would be attending would be held in backyards or rooftops, so I wanted to get an outerwear that looked as good as a party dress. I found my soulmate with this Leather trench in mustardy brown. This piece is by the Indian designers, Ikai. The black piping around the collar and on the belt adds interest to an otherwise simple coat. I am truly in love with this find. I will be warm and stylish. I can’t wait to wear this. A pair of knee-high brown leather boots are all I need.


3.      No winter shopping is complete without a sweat shirt. If you know me by now, I am a fan of basics with interesting details. Case in point, this Aiman Moon Sweatshirt. It’s one of my favorite favorite piece of Indian fashion designer clothing in my collection. I love that the sweatshirt is in a basic navy blue color but comes with colorful octopus and third-eye embroidery. I am getting serious Japanese painting vibes from it. It truly is like wearing a piece of art. I am going to wear it with some high waisted jeans or a pencil skirt.


4.    I am a sucker for trousers. They are both comfortable and look put together. I love wearing these on days when I am lazy but want to fool the world into thinking I am not. This pair is by an up-and-coming Indian fashion designer, Anomaly, who make some really simple, good quality basics. I love the interesting side-pleats this pair has going. This is perfect for office or meeting the boyfriend’s parents or any other adulting activities you need to do. I’ll most probably pair these with ankle boots. This a solid basic piece to have in your closet. I’ll definitely be wearing this pair well into the summer.


5.      A red-beaded crop top is not exactly basic but I wanted to get something for that one day in the year I want to get really festive. This is also by Peachoo, the fashion designer. This is such a gorgeous piece with a beige base and berry red beadings. And don’t even get me started on the floral edge on the waistline. This is the perfect balance of festive and understated. I can already imagine all the ways I would love to style this piece. A top bun, red lips, golden or black full midi skirt and heels.


6.      Now that I got through all my clothings, the final piece I bought was a pair of earrings. I chose this because it goes with everything. It’s edgy and stylish, right up my alley.


What’s in your closet? What Indian fashion designer pieces will you be investing in?

No comments:

Post a Comment